We need your views to help us transform local NHS services
GP practices are now working together to see how they can transform local GP services and want to hear your views to help them in this work. You can share your views by completing a quick online survey
Information for patients
If you require any of our leaflets, handouts or notices in a format to make them easier for you to read please ask at reception.
Click here for more information
Tuesday 29th November 2016
This surgery will be closed for staff training from 13:00 to 18:30 on Tuesday 29th November
This event is organised by the Fareham and Gosport Clinical Commissioning Group
If you are unwell during this time and would like medical advice, please call 111. The surgery will re-open at normal time on Wednesday 30th November 2016.
In a life threatening Emergency please call 999
Do you have a child who is ill?
Healthier together is a new website and app developed by local healthcare professionals to help you decide where to find advice or treatment.
Find it online at : www.what0-18.nhs.uk
The website will help you identify your child's symptoms and advise you of the best way to help.
Help demand on our Appointments
We have a tremendous demand on our appointments, but there are some things you can do to help us.
Before booking an appointment ask yourself:
Could the pharmacist at a local chemist help me, many are now trained to offer private consultations and recommend treatments for minor illnesses. They will also advise if you should see a doctor.
How important is it that you are seen quickly, or would you be better waiting for an appointment with a particular GP? If you have a long-term condition you may benefit from seeing a GP who knows you.
Don't be put off by a GP who runs late. They may be spending needed time with patients. One day you may appreciate them running late to give you the time you need.
- It's tempting to bring a list of unrelated problems, but consider what is achievable in a 10 minute appointment, if you have 4 problems the GP will not be able to address all of them fully. It is often better to come back again and spend more time on a problem rather than try to squeeze them all in together.
- Before you see the GP work out in your own mind what you are worried about, and highlight particular concerns. You may benefit from preparing short notes including how you would describe your symptoms so you don't forget everything that may be relevant.
- Get to the point, don't beat about the bush and don't keep important issues until you are about to walk out of the door.
- Wear accessible clothing if you are likely to need to undress for an examination.
- Make sure you understand what the GP has told you before you leave, if you are unsure please ask them to go through the treatment plan again.
- Have your say and get your views heard; join our patient participation group to be able to discuss current
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The surgery is all on ground level thereby improving access for the disabled. If you have visual or hearing difficulties please ask at reception for assistance.
We can give you on-line access to book appointments, request repeat prescriptions or view your records. Currently over 3000 of our patients have signed up for this service. Follow the link for registration forms on the Appointment or Prescription Tabs at the top of the screen.
If you would like to take advantage of this please enquire at reception. We may need to see photo ID unless you have registered with us in the last 12 months.
(Site updated 07/12/2016)