Welcome to Jubilee Surgery
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Help demand on our Appointments
We have a tremendous demand on our appointments, but there are some things you can do to help us.
Before booking an appointment ask yourself:
Could the pharmacist at a local chemist help me, many are now trained to offer private consultations and recommend treatments for minor illnesses. They will also advise if you should see a doctor.
How important is it that you are seen quickly, or would you be better waiting for an appointment with a particular GP? If you have a long-term condition you may benefit from seeing a GP who knows you.
Don't be put off by a GP who runs late. They may be spending needed time with patients. One day you may appreciate them running late to give you the time you need.
- It's tempting to bring a list of unrelated problems, but consider what is achievable in a 10 minute appointment, if you have 4 problems the GP will not be able to address all of them fully. It is often better to come back again and spend more time on a problem rather than try to squeeze them all in together.
- Before you see the GP work out in your own mind what you are worried about, and highlight particular concerns. You may benefit from preparing short notes including how you would describe your symptoms so you don't forget everything that may be relevant.
- Get to the point, don't beat about the bush and don't keep important issues until you are about to walk out of the door.
- Wear accessible clothing if you are likely to need to undress for an examination.
- Make sure you understand what the GP has told you before you leave, if you are unsure please ask them to go through the treatment plan again.
- Have your say and get your views heard; join our patient participation group to be able to discuss current issues and profer your opinion.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The surgery is all on ground level thereby improving access for the disabled. If you have visual or hearing difficulties please ask at reception for assistance.
We can give you on-line access to book appointments or request repeat prescriptions. Currently over 3000 of our patients have signed up for this service. Follow the link for registration forms on the Appointment or Prescription Tabs at the top of the screen.
If you would like to take advantage of this please enquire at reception. We may need to see photo ID unless you have registered with us in the last 12 months.
(Site updated 21/04/2015)